Monica is a former Title X (family planning) Training Manager and volunteer educator for Planned Parenthood. Her career in HIV prevention education, comprehensive sex education (CSE) and Title X training lasted over a decade. During this time, she thrived as an accomplished consultant, trainer and public speaker. However, she came to learn from her “mentors” that serving the marginalized meant only “meeting them where they’re at,” and then just leaving them there. It was a combination of this philosophy, her experience in the community, and her own personal story which prompted her to deeply question comprehensive sex education and crisis pregnancy counseling. As you might imagine, her questions were not welcomed by her superiors, and she was told that if she wasn’t pro-abortion, then she didn’t belong there.
Today, she boldly exposes the truth behind comprehensive sex education and the harm it causes children, families and the community. Her goal is to encourage parents to “Reclaim Parenthood” and become their children’s greatest advocates and educators. She accomplish this by equipping families with the resources and skills necessary to strengthen family trust and confidence.
Degrees & Certifications
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Psychology, Minor in Educational Psychology
- Certified Building Family Connections Instructor, Medical Institute for Sexual Health
- Sexual Risk Avoidance Specialist (SRAS), Ascend
- Heritage Keepers Certified Instructor
- Master of Ministry in Christian Counseling – Currently working towards completion of this degree